Skip to main content

About me x

Hey,
For those who don't know me, grab yourself a cuppa & get comfy...
I'm Lucy; AKA mummy, mum & occasionally poo poo head.


I'm 24, going on 90 & I live with my 'childhood sweetheart' (9 years & still no ring), Sean + our little boy, Cian, in Cambridgeshire, UK.

I love family time, photography & planning home projects for my already overworked partner.

I've always been very talkative, so since I no longer leave my house much, I've become one of those social media over sharers.
[Reason #1 for starting a blog]
My partner is the complete opposite & hates social media, so doesn't get it. At. All!

Parenting & running a home, are at times, challenging, right?! Now throw chronic illness into the mix & you've got reason #2 I decided to start a blog.

In March 2013, I first became chronically ill (more on that coming soon), just before falling pregnant.
Since becoming ill, having Cian, buying a house etc; I've gained an amazing support network online... Without said network, especially in those early days, I genuinely don't know how I would have coped.

Now I'm in a position where I'm looking to provide the support & knowledge for other people that I either received, or could have done with receiving, thus far.
Reason #3...

I'm a firm believer of keeping it real (plus like I said, an over sharer), so I'll be sharing the highs & lows, good & bad & basically just being as honest & transparent as possible.

As well as the things mentioned above, I also love chocolate a little too much; using brackets (in case you hadn't already noticed); & being organised- list central in my house!

I hope you enjoy this little insight into my imperfectly perfect world... Whilst chronic illness plays a huge part in my day-to-day life, so will always be a large part of my blog, it will never define me & nor will it ever be the sole content of Home, Parenting & M.E.
Aside from Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (I definitely didn't just Google the spelling), Endometriosis, Chronic Migraines & Anxiety, I am also, & always will be, a mum/partner/friend/sister/daughter/auntie etc

If you've made it to here, I'm amazed. Thank you!
Pretty please feel free to comment below, share, follow me on Instagram or even drop me an email. 
Your feedback is very much appreciated & I'd love to hear from you!

See you soon,
Lucy
 ♡

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's okay not to be okay.

Hey , As you might be aware, I haven't blogged since May last year (aside from a guest post I did in August), which wasn't intentional- the longer it's gone on, the harder it's been to get back into it. Scope guest post But here I am now... You see the thing is, I let my anxiety spiral out of control, it got to the point where it affected every aspect of my life, again . I spent most of last year silently struggling with it, telling myself it would get better. Other times considering how much better off everyone would be without me. Of course it wouldn't just 'get better' on its own, which is why in December, I finally admitted to myself that I needed help & I went to the doctors. I was told to self refer for CBT. I put it off. Why?! On January 1st, determined to make this year the year I really focus on my health, I went online & completed the self-referral. I'm still waiting for correspondence, but in the mean time, I'm pra

Lactose Free Snacks

Let's talk, lactose intolerance... In case you aren't already aware, Cian is lactose intolerant, & has been since birth (diagnosed at 3 months old). *You might want to skip the next paragraph, unless you're  geeky like me & interested in the biology side of things... The body digests lactose using a substance called lactase. This breaks down lactose into two sugars called glucose and galactose, which can be easily absorbed into the bloodstream. People with lactose intolerance don't produce enough lactase, so lactose stays in the digestive system where it's fermented by bacteria. This leads to the production of various gases, which cause the symptoms associated with lactose intolerance. Taken from  the NHS website. Science lesson over...  For us personally, a lactose free diet is second nature; it's all Cian's ever known. It isn't a big deal, it pretty much just means avoiding milk/any foods containing milk... Although admitt